Saturday, October 3, 2009

Grama Pfaender


I stopped at the mausoleum today...Lincoln Memorial Cemetery...to check out the view... And have a visit...with my Grama.
One hundred sixteen years ago today...her birth.

This her...before I knew her...sitting on her front porch...around 1944.

And on our front porch with Rick, ? and me (and Tippy?)...around 1956.

In 1971...another generation born...and she became Great Grama Pfaender to Taunia as my mom became Grama Donna and I became Mom!

She loved the beach...we went with her often...here with Taunia & Todd...around 1975.
It was the only time we ever saw her wear pants!

This is the Grama I remember best...smiling sweetly...around 1976. And here, on her 9oth birthday...in 1983...when she traveled to New Jersey to visit the cousins! She lived vitally...with grace and dignity!Thanks, Grama!..for believing in me. I love you...and celebrate you...

And this day...with JOY!!

1 comment:

  1. Very unique blog.
    Fantastic content and great pictures.
    Wow...

    I would like to invite you to join a green community to stop global warming. Please visit:
    http://globalgreenview.blogspot.com

    Please share (email) this blog to your friends and family, so we can save our planet for next generation.

    Keep blogging.
    Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete